Friday, September 16, 2016

Simon Cowell’s New Contract with ITV for ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and ‘The X Factor’


Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia has just signed a new deal with ITV, a 3-year contract for Britain’s Got Talent and The X Factor. It is expected to start in 2017 - Britain’s Got Talent in spring 2017 and The X Factor in fall.


Kevin Lygo, ITV’s director of television, said: “’Britain’s Got Talent’ and ’The X Factor’ are both big, brilliant, wonderful shows and I am delighted that they will continue to take up their place as an important part of our schedule for the next three years. They are defining shows for us, ones that we are very proud to have as part of our entertainment slate, and they continue year after year, for months at a time, to be amongst the most popular and hugely entertaining formats on television.”

Cowell said: “I want to thank ITV for continuing to be fantastic partners. I’m delighted for the shows and, in particular, for all the talented people who work on them with us.”

The X Factor, in its 13th season has assembled a huge audience in the UK alone – close to 10 million viewers (incidentally 42% of the total viewing body!). This is the highest audience for the show yet and it beats every last year’s episode, even the final one! The average number of viewers is 7.2 million or 34% share of the viewing body, amounting to 48% share of 16-34s according to Live and Vosdal overnights. This season’s average is 8.8 million, which is 37% share of viewing or 53% share of 16-34s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment